Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Free Verse Poem

Hot As Hell

I was in the bush,

All alone, nowhere to go,

As hot as hell as black as ash,

I have nothing, nothing it’s all gone,

I have seen death in the flames,

Burning up with smoke,

Those stupid people, what were they thinking,

All it was, it was destruction, it all was destroyed,

All those people that couldn’t breathe, all covered in soot,

Thank the lord for those fire-fighters,

With those big red trucks, with the flashing lights.

By Brandan McGlynn

5 comments:

♥...XoX...ChlO3...3m!ly...3r!c@...XoX...♥ said...

The Poem is really well written!!
It is good you have wrote it bout the Bushfires!!
Thats a really good poem! :)

TLC Blog Master said...

I really like the fact you have similes in this poem. Great to see this technique come out. You capture so much about the horror of those tragic bushfires. Well done.

♥...XoX...ChlO3...3m!ly...3r!c@...XoX...♥ said...

Hey Brandan,
Really Good Poem! Good 2 c u did it on the Bushfires! :)

J Reimers said...

GREAT PEOM, if I rated (wich I will) It would be 4 1/2 stars. Great work Brandan

C.Barker said...

this is a really great poem. I'm guessing it was the bush fires earlier this year?